Jan 3, 2022, Dubai:
- All-new Honda Civic is a modern expression of classic Civic values, inside and out
- Simple and clean interior design indicates direction for future Honda vehicles
- Powertrain improvements increase performance and fuel efficiency, while adding refinement
- Upgraded chassis and high-rigidity body improve dynamics
- Safety technology advances include next-gen front airbags, and Honda Sensing®
- Sport Grade Exclusive Features for the GCC Market.
The Honda Civic has been an icon in the Honda History since its introduction almost 50 years ago and has evolved over the years keeping tradition in mind as well as embracing various technological and design innovations. Honda Motor Company (Middle East and Africa) revealed the most fun-to-drive and technologically advanced All New Honda Civic today. The All-New 2022 Honda Civic boasts of a clean, modern design paired with a high-tech, human-centered interior, and equipped with advanced active and passive safety systems. The 11th-generation Civic continues the tradition of innovation, design leadership and class-leading driving dynamics.
Next Generation Style - Exterior
In designing the 11th-generation Civic, Honda stylists and engineers sought to create a car that would be a “breath of fresh air” in the segment by revisiting timeless design concepts of previous generation Civic. They focused on the original Honda design approach of “Man-Maximum, Machine-Minimum” (or “M/M”), which uses technology and design to serve the needs of the driver and passengers.
The All-New 2022 Honda Civic boasts a clean, modern exterior design paired with human centric interior and equipped with advanced active and passive safety systems. Some of the notable features of the All-New Honda Civic include:
- LED Headlights: The All-New Honda Civic has a full array of wide set LED headlights with Day Time Running Lights (DRL)
- Twin Exhaust: A Chrome exhaust finisher gives the All-New Honda Civic a stylish performance inspired finish.
- Taillights: Using the latest LED technology, the brand-new design of the LED Taillights give a dramatic effect. The Taillights feature Red Lens LED which gives it a sporty and race inspired effect.
- 17 Inch Alloy Gloss Black Wheels: The stylish 17 Inch Alloy Wheels in the All-New Honda Civic gives it a bold and a stylish attitude.
- Fastback-Inspired Roofline: The graceful swoop of roofline, the elongated hood, and the clean body lines, gives the Civic a patently sporty silhouette.
- Sporty Design: The All-New Civic boasts of various sporty elements such as Gloss Black Wheels, Black Shark Fin Antenna, Black Trunk Spoiler, Black Door Handles and Black Door Mirror.
Human Centered Interior Design
The All-New Honda Civics’ outstanding interior packaging results in ample head, leg, shoulder, and hip room for all passengers. A feeling of spaciousness is immediately felt and shared by all Civic occupants, uncluttered design throughout its cabin.
- Spacious Cabin: The spacious cabin seats five with ease and offers suede interiors with leather combination for added style and comfort
- The pulled-back A-pillars, low hood, flat dashboard, and hidden windshield wipers enable a windshield with clearly defined corners for a panoramic view
- Sport Pedals: The Sport Pedals bring a dash of race inspired feel to the interior of the All-New Honda Civic
- A striking metal honeycomb mesh accent stretches from door to door across the dash. creating a dramatic visual dividing line between the audio, information displays and the climate controls, while the intricate flow-through design conceals the air vents giving the Civic a harmonious look of the dash.
- Dual Zone Climate Control: The Civic has a dual zone climate control feature which enables the driver and the passenger to find the perfect temperature with each side having separate knobs which also can sync at the push of a button.
- One Touch Sunroof: The All-New Honda Civic Features a glass sunroof, making the cabin feel roomy and airy on the inside
- Comfort All Around: The All-New Honda Civic Features suede/leather combination seats giving it a premium look. It also has many thoughtful features such as a lower opening trunk and 60:40 split rear folding seats to accommodate various cargo sizes
- Driver’s Seat with 8-Way Power Adjustment: The All-New Honda Civic provides eight ways to adjust your seat with pinpoint accuracy.
- Rear A/C Ventilation: The rear passengers can enjoy additional comfort with the rear a/c vents which they help them to sit back and enjoy the ride in the All-New Honda Civic.
- Wireless Charging: Phones supporting wireless charging can be easily charged, using the Wireless charging platform in the centre console.
Technology has also been smartly integrated with All New Honda Civic. For the first time, the Civic has a 10.2 Inch digital instrument display and a 9” Inch Display Audio with various smartphone capabilities. Some of the advanced technology features have been listed:
The All-New Honda Civic debuts an all-new 9-inch color Display Audio. The new touchscreen is the largest ever in any Honda-brand vehicle, and features a physical volume knob, large, easy-to-recognize icons, and a simplified navigation structure with embedded menus. The touchscreen systems also come standard with wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration. For UAE Markets, the Display Audio has new added feature known as Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB)*. Digital broadcasting allows crystal clear sound and greater information can be displayed on the screen of the music or the radio station. (*Digital Audio Broadcasting – Specification might vary depending on grade and country)
- The All-New Civic features first all-digital LCD instrument display. Measuring 10.2 inches, the high-definition full-color LCD panel displays a variety of information, all customizable from the steering wheel.
- Wireless Charging: Phones supporting wireless charging can be easily charged, using the Wireless charging platform in the center console.
- USB Ports: The All-New Civic features front USB standard for charging and for the smart phone interface.
- Satellite Navigation: The 9 Inch Display Audio System has an inbuilt app for Navigation so that even though your offline, the maps will help you to find your way.
- Remote Engine Starter: Another notable feature is the Remote Engine Starter which enables you to start the engine from a distance to pre-cool your Civic before you even get in.
Fuel Efficient Powerful Performance
The All-New Honda Civic is engineered for instantaneous response with a sport-tuned suspension and the turbo charged 1.5L engine paired with continuously variable transmission (CVT) delivers [email protected] rpm.
- CVT: The All-New Honda Civic is paired with an updated continuously variable transmission (CVT) engine which is uniquely tuned for enhanced power delivery, engine sound, overall refinement, and fuel economy ratings.
- Fuel Efficiency: 19.3 Km/L
- Max Power: 180 [email protected] rpm
- Max Torque: 240 [email protected] rpm
- Paddle Shifters: The All-New Honda Civic enables the control of the transmission with the help of the steering wheel mounted paddle shifters
- 3 Mode Drive System:In addition to the standard Normal and Econ mode The All -New Honda Civic now feature a user-selectable Sport mode. Using a toggle switch on the center console, the new Sport mode gives a sportier feel, and changes the meter lighting to red. Eco mode reduces throttle and transmission sensitivity, as well as air conditioning output to help preserve fuel efficiency.
Advancing Safety Performance
Continuing the Civics' longstanding tradition of advancing safety performance, the All-New Honda Civic introduces multiple new active and passive safety systems including the full suite of Honda SensingTM Technologies. Some of the passive safety systems include:
- The Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure in the All-New Honda Civic has been enhanced for even better compatibility with larger vehicles with improved occupant protection in angled frontal collisions, with a new upper A-pillar structure, side frame and lower firewall structure, all designed to route crash energy around the cabin.
- Honda Lanewatch™: Honda Lanewatch™ uses a camera installed below the right passenger-side mirror to relay an image of the area on the right side of the vehicle to the central display screen.
- Rear Wide View Camera: Engage reverse and the rear-view camera automatically come to life on the 9" display screen with the wide-angle views.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: The Tire Pressure Monitoring System is an electronic system that reports real-time tire-pressure information to the driver of the vehicle, through a simple low-pressure warning light
- Vehicle Stability AssistTM (VSA®) with Traction Control: During an oversteer or understeer condition, VSA can brake individual wheels and/or reduce engine power to help restore your intended course
- Rear Seat Reminder: The Rear Seat Reminder is a new safety feature available in The All-New Honda Civic. The driver is notified to check the rear seat when the ignition is turned off.
Honda Sensing TM
A First on the All-new Honda Civic is the Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver assistive technologies that uses a new single-camera system which provides a wider field of view than the previous radar-and-camera based system. Combined with software advances and a new, more powerful processor, the system is also capable of more quickly and accurately identifying other vehicles, along with road lines and road signs.
Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): To help reduce the likelihood of a frontal impact, the Collison Mitigation Braking System™ helps to bring the car to a stop if the system determines that a collision with a vehicle detected in front or a pedestrian is unavoidable. A warning sounds, and if necessary, brake pressure is automatically applied.
Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): Road Departure Mitigation System uses the windscreen-mounted camera to detect whether the car is veering out of its lane. It applies subtle corrections to keep the vehicle in its lane, and in certain situations can also apply braking force and provide a tactile warning.
Forward Collision Warning (FCW): It scans the road ahead to warn drivers of a potential collision and provides visual and audible alerts to prompt the driver to take corrective actions to avoid a potential hazard.
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): Helps keep you in the middle of your lane, providing a less stressful driving experience by reducing the need for steering correction movements and driving effort on the motorway.
Lane Departure Warning (LDW): If the car moves out of its lane without you activating the indicator, then alerts will flash and sound, to help bring your attention to correcting the lane drift.
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), allows the driver to set a desired speed and following distance from a vehicle detected ahead, allowing the Civic to adjust its speed automatically for a safe and comfortable journey.
Low Speed Follow (LSF): The system uses monocular camera mounted to the windshield to continually track the distance to the detected vehicle ahead and adjusts the Civics’ speed to maintain the set distance. The Low Speed Following function allows the Civic to come to a complete stop if the vehicle in front slows down and stops. To move off again, simply apply the throttle.
The All-New Honda Civic comes in the below exterior colors and standard interior color:
- Platinum White Pearl
- Lunar Silver Metallic
- Meteoroid Gray Metallic
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Coffee Cherry Red Metallic
- Brilliant Sporty Blue Metallic
- Black Suede/Leather Combination (with Red Accent)