- Refreshed exterior design new utility and available luxury refinements inside
- Available in three grades namely, LX, EX-L and Touring.
- Luxurious interiors with Magic SlideTM second-row seat and 60/40 3rd row retractable seat providing ultimate family comfort.
- Advanced connectivity and entertainment with 8-Inch Display Audio Screen, CabinWatch, CabinTalk and a Rear Entertainment system with children friendly apps.
- 10-Speed Automatic Transmission mated to a 3.5-liter direct injected i-VTEC 24-Valve SOHC V6 engine with variable cylinder management.
- Standard across all grades are 8 Airbags including knee airbags for additional protection
- Honda SENSINGTM (available only on Touring grade).
December 7, 2020 Dubai: Honda Motor Company today announced the redesigned 2021 Honda Odyssey for the GCC region. The refreshed for 2021 Honda Odyssey receives numerous updates to styling, along with upgraded technology and safety features.
Sophisticated and Modern New Exterior Styling
The 2021 Odyssey now features more powerful and efficient LED headlights as part of a new front-end design that includes a new front bumper fascia with redesigned fog light, and a bold new blackout grille topped by a chrome strip. The design is echoed in the rear with new gloss-black trim under the rear window, accented by a chrome strip. The Odyssey Touring grade gets 19-inch alloy wheels for the first time in a new design.
A distinct feature of the Honda Odyssey in the EX-L and Touring grade is the Power Programmable Tailgate feature, which makes it easy to customize for drivers of all heights and protects the tailgate from damage in areas with lower ceiling heights. In addition, the Touring Grade has the Hands-Free Assist feature, which allows you to open and close the tailgate with a simple kick action under the rear bumper when your hands are full.
Spacious and Luxurious Interior Styling and Features
The Odyssey is comfortable and versatile when it comes to interior styling and cabin environment with different convenience features and state of the art technologies.
The EX-L and the Touring Grade feature new piano-black interior accents which gives the Odyssey a sophisticated and premium appeal to the car in its segment.
The Odyssey can easily accommodate up to 8 passengers and a multitude of cargo in different shapes and sizes. With the centre seat removed, the Magic Slide 2nd–Row seats can move to the centre and forward allowing for convenient access to the 3rd row.
The 2nd Row magic slide seats can be customized into four different positions
- Full Mode: In this mode, the Odyssey can accommodate 8 passengers comfortably with ample head and leg room
- Wide Mode: With the centre seat removed and two outboard seats in their outer most positions, this mode provides a wide centre walkthrough the third row.
- Super Mode: With the centre seat removed, the outboard seats slide laterally through five selectable positions allowing for easy access to third row with one or two rear facing child seats installed in the second row. The centre most seat also slides forward to allow easy access of the child for the front seat.
- Buddy Mode: With the centre seat removed, the outboard seats are next to each other in the centre of the vehicle, putting two people in close proximity and within easier reach of the front seat occupants.
The third row features a 60/40 Split Magic Seat configuration that folds down into the large recess in the cargo floor by pulling a single strap on each side creating a flat-floor cargo area.
The Odyssey boasts of a new and soft touch instrument panel, which includes a full color and an interactive 8-inch Display Audio Touch Screen, Stop Start button, Electronic Parking Brake with Brake Hold function, ventilated seats and a new push button gear selector. In addition, the 7-inch Digital Driver Information Interface with direct sight to the driver ensures that relevant information such as phonebook, fuel consumption; remaining distance, select app control, turn by turn direction when using the navigation and even Honda SensingTM (touring grade only) are accessible and easy to read.
Audio and Connectivity
The Redesigned Honda Odyssey is a technologically advanced vehicle, which offers the latest features in technology and connectivity. Some of the features on the Touring grade include:
- 8-inch Display Audio Touchscreen: Full colour 8-inch Display Audio Touchscreen offers the latest in, device connectivity and acts like a command centre allowing the driver and the front seat passenger to customize according to preference. It even has the Apple CarPlayTM app, a physical knob for volume control and Multi-Zone Audio, which allows you to choose which audio plays in which zone.
- Honda CabinWatchTM: A camera with night vision allows the driver and the front passenger to view the rear passenger’s on the Display Audio Touch Screen.
- Honda CabinTalkTM: It allows you to easily talk with the passengers in the 2nd and the 3rd rows seats. Using the vehicles speaker systems or the wireless headphones it also overrides the headphones plugged into the 3rd row seats of the rear entertainment system.
- Rear Entertainment System: Passengers in the 2nd and 3rd rows can enjoy engaging content on a 10.2-inch screen using the HDMI input to connect major media devices or through the BluRay DVD/CD player. To keep the children occupied, it even has the “How Much FartherTM” app, which provides a fun way to track remaining KMs and travel time to a final destination. Five different themes can be selected by a simple press of the remote providing hours of entertainment
- Premium Audio System: The Odyssey comes with Eleven Premium Speakers including a subwoofer for increased durability at higher output, delivering crisp and clear sound.
- Wireless Charging: Phones supporting wireless charging can be easily charged, using the Wireless charging platform in the centre console on the Touring Grade.
- Wide View Camera: It provides three different angles — normal, top-down and wide for a better view of what is behind you whenever you shift into Reverse.
Safety and Performance
The Redesigned Honda Odyssey is equipped with some of the best specs for Active and Passive Safety.
It is equipped with the Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE™) Body Structure, which is a Honda-exclusive body design that enhances occupant protection and crash compatibility in frontal collisions.
The Odyssey is equipped with Multilink Rear Suspension, and a low center of gravity chassis, with revised damper and steering geometry settings. Therefore, the Odyssey is excellent for the normal school runs and even better on those long journeys fully loaded at the weekend.With Dual Pinion Steering, and Variable Gear Ratio, the Odyssey is easy to park, whilst providing excellent steering feedback on highways
The Odyssey is equipped with Dual Stage Multiple Threshold Front Airbags, Front Side Airbags, Three Row Side Curtain Airbags, Drivers and Front Passengers Knee Airbags to ensure maximum safety.
Other Honda active-safety features include Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Traction Control Systems (TCS), Anti-Lock Brake Systems (ABS), Electronic Brake Distributor (EBD), Agile Handling Assist, Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS), and Hill Start Assist (HSA).
Powering the Odyssey is a 3.5-liter direct injected i-VTEC® 24-valve SOHC V6 engine with Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM™). This engine is mated to an all-new front wheel drive 10-speed automatic transmission (10AT) with Shift-By-Wire (SBW) and Paddle Shifters producing [email protected] and a torque of [email protected]
The Touring Grade of the redesigned Honda Odyssey is equipped with the Honda SensingTM suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies designed to alert you to things you might miss while driving. It includes:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): To help reduce the likelihood of a frontal impact, the Collison Mitigation Braking System™ helps to bring the car to a stop if the system determines that a collision with a vehicle detected in front or a pedestrian is unavoidable. A warning sounds, and if necessary, brake pressure is automatically applied.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): It scans the road ahead to warn drivers of a potential collision, and provides visual and audible alerts to prompt the driver to take corrective actions to avoid a potential hazard.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): It will detect if the car is straying out of its current lane without the turn signal activated, and provides an alert to prompt the driver to make a correction.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): Road Departure Mitigation System uses the windscreen-mounted camera to detect whether the car is veering out of its lane. It applies subtle corrections to keep the vehicle in its lane, and in certain situations can also apply braking force and provide a tactile warning.
- Blind Spot Information System: The Blind Spot Information System uses radar sensors to automatically detect vehicles in the driver’s blind spot and alert the driver via a warning symbol inside the car.
- Pedestrian Detection System: The Pedestrian Detection System warns driver of a potential collision with pedestrians with audible and visual warnings. It also provides autonomous braking to bring the vehicle to a stop as well as actively steers the vehicle away to avoid collision with pedestrians.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) ™: It helps to keep the car in the middle of the current lane, by detecting road markings with a monocular camera and making small adjustments to steer the vehicle within the lines.
- Head on Collision System: The Head On Collision System warns drivers of a potential collision with audible and visual warnings. It also uses a tactile warning with autonomous braking as well and vibrates the steering wheel to warn the driver in case he/she is tired.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), allows the driver to set a desired speed and following distance from a vehicle detected ahead, allowing the Odyssey to adjust its speed automatically for a safe and comfortable journey.
- Low Speed Follow: The system uses a millimeter wave radar and monocular camera mounted to the windshield to continually track the distance to the detected vehicle ahead, and adjusts the Odyssey’s speed to maintain the set distance. The Low Speed Following function allows the Odyssey to come to a complete stop, if the vehicle in front slows down and stops. To move off again, simply apply the throttle.
The Honda Odyssey comes in the below exterior and interior colors for all the grades:
- White Diamond Pearl
- Lunar Silver Metallic
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Obsidian Blue Pearl
- Forest Mist Metallic
- Metor Blast Metallic
For more information, please visit www.honda-mideast.com